If you are interested in becoming an American Heart Association CPR and first aid instructor consider applying with ThinkCPR. The ideal candidate is someone who has taught or facilitated small groups of people, knowledgeable in physiology, can problem solve, and is skilled in managing time.
Here are the requirements
- Current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider certification, provide copy
- Application and supplemental questionnaire DUE Monday, August 28, 2017 by 5:00 p.m.
- Must attend two, 4-hour course dates, Sat/Sun, September 9 & 10 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
If you are selected
- Pay $225.00 prior to start of class
- Must shadow a class and lead their own class within six (6) months of instructor course completion. You cannot be paid or receive an instructor card until this requirement is fulfilled.
- Teach a minimum of 4 classroom Healthcare Provider courses or provider updates in 2 years for the discipline in which you are renewing
- Conduct skills practice and testing sessions for eLearning courses. Each day of skills practice and testing sessions counts as 1 of the required 4 courses; all 4 credits can be earned this way.